Developed with more than 200 leading organisations, the Global Accelerator is the new flagship programme of the Skills Builder Partnership. We work together to develop and implement a complete strategy for teaching skills in your institution.
The Skills Builder Accelerator has already impacted over 400 schools, colleges and alternative settings. In 2021-22, we are excited to work with innovative educators to lead the development of essential skills worldwide. The programme includes training and support for the Skills Leader, tools and resources for your colleagues, and real impact for your students.
Benefits for you
- Join a cohort of Skills Leaders and network across two full days of training
- Develop your expertise in building essential skills
- Design a programme with real impact, with support from the Skills Builder team
- Be an innovator and lead a strategy to transform your institution's approach to preparing every student with the essential skills to succeed
Benefits for your institution
- Gain the Skills Builder Award as recognition of best practice in essential skills education
- Demonstrate your investment in students’ wider personal development
- See tangible progress with data from teacher assessments and student self-assessments
- Tailor your training sessions to address the needs of your teachers and support staff
- Embed sustainable strategies to achieve long-lasting change across your institution
The Skills Builder Partnership brings together 800+ education institutions, employers and leading organisations around a common approach to building eight essential skills. Central to our approach is a rigorous progression framework, a set of underlying principles and a complete suite of tools and teaching materials.
The Skills Builder Universal Framework builds off the original Skills Builder Framework, launched in 2017, which has already proved its worth with children and young people, used in more than 750 organisations in the last year. It breaks each skill into teachable steps, supporting progress for students of all ages and abilities - including those with special educational needs.
Refined over a decade, the Skills Builder Principles outline best practice in teaching essential skills. The six principles will form the basis of your strategy and your success embedding them will be recognised with the Skills Builder Award.
Designed by teachers for teachers, the Skills Builder Hub is the online teaching and impact platform for building essential skills. Aligned to every step of the Framework, there are 300+ Short Lessons and a suite of reinforcing resources including posters, assemblies and passports.