What is the Global Accelerator Programme?
The Global Accelerator is a year-long training and development programme.
At the end of the first year you will have:
- An expert lead practitioner known as your ‘Skills Leader’
- A team of confident trained teachers
- Demonstrable student progress in eight essential skills
- A Skills Builder Award in recognition of best practice
How does the Global Accelerator programme work?
Places are limited. We’ll match you with a dedicated Skills Builder Education Associate who is a qualified teacher. Your programme will include Skills Leader and teacher training, peer learning opportunities, planning meetings, and a complete curriculum and assessment model for your learners.
What could you do on a Global Accelerator programme?
Global schools tailor the programme to fit existing curriculum plans, careers strategies and school priorities.
Skills Builder, at its best, is embedded throughout your ethos and practices: policies, staff training, the curriculum, assemblies, and more. Here are some ways others have got started. You might:
- Introduce all eight essential skills to the whole school from the outset. Or, you might prefer to work with a target group of students initially.
- Use a weekly timetabled slots and the 300+ 15 minute lessons from Skills Builder Hub to teach a focus skill to a particular year group or phase. Tutors can then reinforce skill development through their subjects.
- Embed employability skills into your curriculum. We can use training time with your curriculum teams to audit schemes of work, or lesson plans.
- Look for special days in the school calendar to run longer activities or off-timetable days.
- Use self-assessments from Skills Builder Benchmark to set individual targets for your learners.
The Skills Builder Partnership
The Skills Builder Partnership brings together 900+ education institutions, employers and leading organisations around a common approach to building eight essential skills. Central to our approach is our rigorous progression framework, a set of underlying principles and a complete suite of tools and teaching materials.
The Skills Builder Framework
The Skills Builder Universal Framework is the national standard for teaching essential skills. It breaks each skill into teachable steps, supporting progress for all ages and abilities - including those with special educational needs. The Universal Framework was developed by Skills Builder with the Careers and Enterprise Company, Gatsby Foundation, Business in the Community, EY Foundation, CIPD and the CBI.
The Skills Builder Principles
Refined over a decade, the Skills Builder Principles outline best practice in teaching essential skills for learning and life. The six principles will form the basis of your strategy, and your success in embedding them will be recognised with the Skills Builder Award.
Designed by teachers for teachers, the Skills Builder Hub is the online teaching and impact platform for building essential skills. Aligned to every step of the Framework, there are 300+ Short Lessons and a suite of reinforcing resources including posters, assemblies and passports.