Enabling Enterprise Community Interest Company collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
In the course of providing services that support the learning of essential skills we collect the following personal information when
you or your employer provide it to us:
• Names, email addresses, job titles, organisation ame and telephone numbers
• Student names, classes
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
• Edubase (https://get-information-schools.service.gov.uk/)
• Schools Mailing (http://www.schoolsmailing.co.uk/)
We use your contact information to:
• Contact you about the provision of our services
• Allow you access to educational resources through online platforms
• Send you information about essential skills and marketing materials for our services
We use students’ names and classes to facilitate visits to employer partners, primarily for their security and health and safety requirements.
We share your name and the names of student attendees with our employer partners when your school has chosen to attend a trip to their business. This data sharing enables them to fulfil their security and health and safety obligations.
We also share your name and email address with marketing providers. This data sharing enables us to send you emails and physical mail about our services from time to time.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party without your express consent.
We will never share student names with a marketing company or any other person or organisation not directly linked to and necessary for a programme in which they are taking part.
The provision of names and email addresses is required from you to enable us to deliver our services, such as resources, training, assessment and skills programmes.
• We will hold names and email addresses as long as you are a user of our services or your organisation could legitimately benefit from information about our services.
• We will hold student names for facilitation of trips and programmes for no longer than one month after the date of the trip.
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the
provision of services for the improvement of skills teaching and learning for the public benefit. As a Community Interest Company, this is our social purpose.
We may transfer your personal information to the following which are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) as follows:
You have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already
designed to address
• Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly
• Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
• Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to us
• let us have enough information to identify you,
• let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card
• let us know the information to which your request relates
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email. It may take up to 7 days for this to take place.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit getsafeonline.org, supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at ico.org.uk.
This privacy notice was published on 30/04/2018 and last updated on 04/11/2019.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact, please send an email to email@example.com, write to 18 Victoria Park Square, London, E2 9PF or call 020 8183 6292.
We take your privacy very seriously and we ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.