Youth Employment UK is an independent, not-for-profit social enterprise founded in 2012 to tackle youth unemployment. They believe that a shortage of skills, little work experience, a lack of confidence in the future and limited understanding of which careers exist has created a disconnect between young people and employers.
A few ways that Youth Employment UK are tackling youth unemployment are:
1) Giving young people a voice on the youth unemployment issues that affect them.
2) Supporting young people with the skills and careers support they need to progress.
3) Supporting employers to develop and be recognised for their youth-friendly employment practice.
4) Connecting young people to youth-friendly employers.
5) Providing expert insight across all youth employment policy areas.