Developed with more than 200 leading organisations, the Accelerator is the flagship programme of the Skills Builder Partnership. We work together to develop and implement a complete strategy for teaching skills in your institution. In 2020, the Skills Builder Accelerator included 420 leading schools, colleges, special schools and alternative settings. The programme includes training and support for the Skills Leader, tools and resources for your colleagues, and real impact for your students.
Benefits for you
- Join a national cohort of Skills Leaders and network across two full days of training
- Develop your expertise in building essential skills
- Design a programme with real impact, with support from the Skills Builder team
- Lead a strategy to transform your institution's approach to preparing every student with the essential skills to succeed
Benefits for your institution
- Gain the Skills Builder Award as recognition of best practice in essential skills education
- Demonstrate your investment in students’ wider personal development
- See tangible progress with data from teacher assessments and student self-assessments
- Tailor your training sessions to address the needs of your teachers and support staff
- Embed sustainable strategies to achieve long-lasting change across your institution
The Skills Builder Partnership brings together 800+ education institutions, employers and leading organisations around a common approach to building eight essential skills. Central to our approach is a rigorous progression framework, a set of underlying principles and a complete suite of tools and teaching materials.
The Skills Builder Universal Framework is the national standard for teaching essential skills. It breaks each skill into teachable steps, supporting progress for students of all ages and abilities - including those with special educational needs. The Universal Framework was developed with Skills Builder by the Careers and Enterprise Company, Gatsby Foundation, Business in the Community, EY Foundation, the CBI and CIPD.
Refined over a decade, the Skills Builder Principles outline best practice in teaching essential skills. The six principles will form the basis of your strategy and your success embedding them will be recognised with the Skills Builder Award.
Designed by teachers for teachers, the Skills Builder Hub is the online teaching and impact platform for building essential skills. Aligned to every step of the Framework, there are 300+ Short Lessons and a suite of reinforcing resources including posters, assemblies and passports.